Middle School Ethics Bowl
Modeled after the National High School Ethics Bowl, the Middle School Ethics Bowl aims to teach students how to think through ethical issues together.
The Middle School Ethics Bowl provides an opportunity for teams of students to collaboratively yet rigorously analyze and discuss both timeless and timely ethical dilemmas. The event brings together students from differing backgrounds and communities who wish to explore the best answers to life's most meaningful questions. It rewards open-mindedness, curiosity, humility, and mutual respect. REGISTRATION WILL OPEN OCTOBER 2023!
Volunteers: Registration will open in October!
Note: training videos, guides and Q&A board are available to registered volunteers on our online learning platform.
- Six real-world cases and questions.
- The 2024 competition case set will be released October 2023!
- Presentation and open dialogue structure
- Judged by ethicists and educators
WHERE IS IT HOSTED?
Kent Place School hosts the New Jersey Regional Middle School Ethics Bowl, one of the first in the nation to offer the ethics bowl competition model to students in Grades 6 through 8.
Introduction to the Event
These resources are from 2023 and will be updated in October.
- Learn about how each round is structured and scored
- See the scoring rubric used in competition
- Find a sample schedule for the event here
- Review the rules for competition
Coaching Resources (guides, training, Q&A board) are available to those who have registered for the event via our online learning platform.
Looking for information about another MSEB Regional?
MS NJ REGIONAL ETHICS BOWL 2024 DETAILS
Who: All students in grades 6 through 8 who go to school in New Jersey are eligible to participate.
When: Saturday, February 24, 2024
Where: In-Person @ KPS
- Registration Fee: $250 per school. Scholarships are available, email to inquire.
- Schools may send one to two teams that consist of three to seven students.
- Deadline to register is December 1, 2023.
Registration will open in October 2023. Check back soon.