Middle School Ethics Bowl
Modeled after the National High School Ethics Bowl, the Middle School Ethics Bowl aims to teach students how to think through ethical issues together.
The Middle School Ethics Bowl provides an opportunity for teams of students to collaboratively yet rigorously analyze and discuss both timeless and timely ethical dilemmas. The event brings together students from differing backgrounds and communities who wish to explore the best answers to life's most meaningful questions. It rewards open-mindedness, curiosity, humility, and mutual respect.
- Six real-world cases and questions. Take a look at the 2021-2022 MSEB Case Set.
- The 2023 Case Set will be released October 3, 2022
- Presentation and open dialogue structure
- Judged by ethicists and educators
WHERE IS IT HOSTED?
Kent Place School hosts the New Jersey Middle School Ethics Bowl, one of the first in the nation to offer the ethics bowl competition model to students in Grades 6 through 8.
MS ETHICS BOWL 2023 DETAILS
Who: All students in grades 6 through 8 who go to school across the United States are eligible to participate.
When: February 25, 2023
Where: In-Person @ KPS
- Registration Opens October 3, 2022
- Registration Fee: $250 per school. Scholarships Available - email to inquire.
- Schools may send one to two teams that consist of three to seven students.
WAY TO GO, KPS!
Kent Place is home to the 2022 Champions of the Middle School Ethics Bowl team.